Saturday 29 January 2022

Blackout

 

Blackout

 

 

This is how it is

No matter how I wish

 

Resist the closing circle

And break your heart to care

Tears congregate

Stinging for the lost

Already hollowed out

 

Life’s poetry stifled

While nothing matters

Indulgence sickens

Distractions ignored

Trapped in fear

 

The air will be a vacuum

And my lungs will burn

 

Meet me brother at the corner

Don’t let them see your face

Greet me with your voice

Standing back to back

And tell me how it is

 

A circle of self

values simplified

responds to any kind face

 

the future stripped

the present undoes

stay still

only reach slowly

 

waves crash outside

invading my head

ripples splintered

 

a lifetime of

meaningless milestones

pointless collecting, curating

significance reversed

masks dissolve

nothing to hide

 

blasting high, delays

only reality

 

art is us

self expression

the final refuge

the freedom illusion betrayed

nucleus recentres quickly

promised recoveries poisoned

by false nostalgia

 

come sit with me

in Eden’s ruins

I cannot repay

With what you need

 

Thoughts slip unfinished

Lost or locked to themselves,

Inseparable and incomplete

 

Tomorrow will come

for some

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.