Saturday, 11 July 2026

Maybe 2026

 

Another competition entry, this got an honourable mention which was nice. It was written in all sincerity, however, I came to run through it before reading at an event, and as I reached the later parts it increasingly started to sound like I was trying to convince myself of something that was doomed to fail. So read it either way, a sincere attempt, or a comical self-delusion:
 
 
Maybe 2026
 
My mind stretches, elasticates,
To a future day, three months maybe four
in the new year ahead.
I pin a date, and slide my thoughts to there
far enough to leave today behind,
and look beyond and back from that flag,
imagining a future, already ahead of schedule.
Blueprints complete, hands on the wheel, 
reaching a critical mass -
I see development, progress, accomplishment, 
 
I see the steps taken to get here, and the steps beyond
I see the possibilities and feel the faith to get there
The mountains in my mind, a series of steps, each achievable
And the view beyond makes me giddy
 
Maybe 2026 will be the year
the year when I clear the old clutter away
And start new challenges at last
it’s in Your hands

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.